How do I back up my Hunchly case data?
Backing up individual Hunchly cases
Backing up individual Hunchly cases is as simple as exporting them and moving the export somewhere safe!
- Open the Hunchly Dashboard
- Click on the Export tab
- Click "Export case"
- The exported case file will be called YOUR_CASE_NAME.zip by default. This file can be re-imported into Hunchly at a later time
Backing up all of your Hunchly data
To protect against data loss, it's a good idea to regularly back up your entire Hunchly data directory.
- Close Hunchly and Chrome. If they are open, some data may not be included in the backup.
- Locate where your Hunchly case data is stored. By default, it's in Documents > HunchlyData
- Create a zip of the case data
- On Windows, this can be done by right-clicking, and clicking Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
- On Mac, this can be done by right clicking and selecting Compress "HunchlyData"
- Move the zip file created in step 3. to your intended backup location. It's good practice to make this external (like online/network storage or an external hard drive) to protect against computer hardware failure.