Installing Hunchly on Mac OSX
This article will show you how to get Hunchly installed on Mac OSX. It's easy peasy!
- macOS 11 (Big Sur) or newer
- 8GB of RAM
- 80GB of free hard drive space
1. Make sure you have a web browser that Hunchly supports, like Google Chrome, installed and that it is not running during the installation. You can get Google Chrome from here: https://www.google.ca/chrome/
2. Download the Hunchly installer from https://www.hunch.ly/downloads
!! Not sure which installer you need? Check this guide: Choosing the right installer
3. Open the HunchlyInstaller.pkg file to install Hunchly
4. Download the license key file that was emailed to you when you bought a Hunchly subscription, or signed up for a trial. It should be named something like "hunchlylicense_year_month_day.hlic".
If you do not have a license key, you can get one for free by signing up for a trial: https://www.hunch.ly/try-it-now
5. Open the Hunchly2 app from the Applications folder. Then, click the gear icon at the top right to open Hunchly's settings. Click the green button labelled "Upload new license" and select the license key file you downloaded on step 4.
For a more in-depth explanation, see this link: https://support.hunch.ly/article/60-installing-your-hunchly-license
6. Open Google Chrome. If you don't see Hunchly, that's ok! Chrome may have hid it. In Chrome, click the puzzle piece icon at the top right then click the pin beside "Hunchly 2" to make sure Hunchly always shows up.
If Hunchly is not in the puzzle piece menu, please install the Hunchly Chrome extension from this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hunchly-20/amfnegileeghgikpggcebehdepknalbf?hl=en
7. If you use iCloud Drive backup, open System Preferences > Apple ID > "Optimize Mac Storage" and disable "Optimize Mac Storage"